The whole course lasts three years, and covers the following topics, each of which will be applied to current issues:
Year 1 GOD AND HIS PEOPLE
- 1.1 God’s word – what is it, how did it come to us, and how do we interpret it?
- 1.2 God’s people – what is their story? The Big Picture of the Bible
- 1.3 God’s nature – God’s nature, character, heart and mission
- 1.4 God’s world – creation, sin, and humanity
- 1.5 God’s prophets –the Old Testament prophets, their message and their relevance
Year 2 CHRIST AND HIS CHURCH
- 2.1 Christ’s person (Christology) – who is he and why does it matter?
- 2.2 Christ’s work (soteriology) – how did his death save us and what difference should that make?
- 2.3 Christ’s kingdom – the message of Jesus in the gospels
- 2.4 Christ’s Body –the church’s nature, call and character
- 2.5 Christ’s life in us – 1 Corinthians and counter-cultural living
Year 3 THE SPIRIT AND HIS WORK
- 3.1 The Spirit and his work – the person and work of the Spirit
- 3.2 The Spirit and Mission – based on the book of Acts
- 3.3 The Spirit and Discipleship – holiness and mission
- 3.4 The Spirit and Church History – what can we learn from the past?
- 3.5 The Spirit and the End Times – eschatology and the book of Revelation
Dates for 2018-19 (Fully Booked)
Please note: You must be available for all these dates to join the course
2019-20 is open for applications.
Dates will be published nearer the time.